The views expressed in comments published on The Art of Brownsville Blog are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Art of Brownsville Blog administrator or any other people listed on this site. Comments were automatically posted live up to 2011, however The Art of Brownsville Blog reserves the right to take down comments at anytime. BROWNSVILLE TEXAS
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
acclaimed Chicana artist
CARMEN LOMAS GARZA
Thursday April 26, 2007
the Narciso Martinez Cultural Arts Center
225 E. Stenger Street
San Benito, TX
Ms. Lomas Garza will visit the center to learn about San Benito’s music, arts and cultural heritage and share her experiences with local artists.
For more information please call
(956) 361-3804 x 303
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
CALL FOR ORIGINAL ART WORK
El Paseo Arts Foundation of the Laguna Madre is pleased to announce the arrival of the American Wind Symphony Orchestra aboard the "Point Counterpoint II,” for the start of their final tour the week of April 20th, which will end at Yale University in Connecticut later in the year. There will be a free concert during their stay in Port Isabel, and all rehearsals are open to the public. The ship also holds an art gallery which will feature pieces selected during the tour, one from each stop, for exhibit in the gallery.
One piece of art will be selected for inclusion in the ship’s gallery, and the jury for this selection will be appointed by El Paseo Arts Foundation. The purpose of this letter is to invite all interested artists to submit a work of art for inclusion in the gallery.
1. Only one piece of art from each participating artist may be submitted.
2. All media are acceptable: two- and three-dimensional work, such as paintings, photography, sculpture or ceramic.
3. Craft is not accepted.
4. Art pieces must be no larger than 4 x 8 feet framed, and must not be less than 2 x 3 feet for two-dimensional pieces, and 2 x 2 x 3 feet for three-dimensional pieces.
5. Artist must be able to manage his or her own work single-handedly. There will be limited assistance at the drop-off location.
6. Judging will be based primarily on work representative of the spirit and flavor of the Rio Grande Valley. The work chosen for this tour will be for sale until the end of the tour. If not sold, it will be returned to the artist. The ship’s gallery will receive 40% of any sale. All work in the gallery is insured.
7. The drop-off location will be the Treasures of the Gulf Museum at 305 Queen Isabella Blvd. (Hwy. 100) in Port Isabel. Parking and deliveries are at the back on Railroad St. The museum telephone is 943-7602. Delivery of art work must be made during museum hours, Monday, April 16th through Friday, the 20th. No work will be accepted before or after those dates.
8. The artists will need to remove their work immediately after a reception for artists on Sunday, April 22nd at the Museum. There will be a storage fee of $10 per day for any work not removed on time.
9. Please contact Kitty Ayers at the Purple Parrot Gallery, (956) 943-2004, firstname.lastname@example.org, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, to register.
We hope to see your art – and thank you,
Kitty Ayers, Chair
Art Selection Committee
El Paseo Arts Foundation
ATTENTION ALL READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS - COMMENTS
PLEASE NOTE NEW PROCESS FOR COMMMENTS INCLUDING "ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ".
ANYONE WISHING TO POST ART, COMMENTS OR IDEAS WILL NEED TO SEND AN EMAIL TO: email@example.com TITLE: ATTENTION ART OF BROWNSVILLE BLOG.
INFORMATION EMAILED WILL BE REVIEWED FOR VERIFICATION BEFORE ACCEPTED FOR POSTING.
THE COMMENTS OPTION BUTTON WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR READERS TO SUBMIT QUESTIONS TO TAOB. QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.... TAOB WILL REVIEW QUESTIONS AND POST ANSWER OR A REPLY AS COMMENT AS NEEDED.
*ANY QUESTION THAT IS UNREASONABLE (SIMPLY ENTERED TO WASTE TIME)- WILL BE IGNORED AND OR TRASHED.
IT IS THE ART OF BROWNSVILLE BEST INTENTIONS TO HELP THE ART COMMUNITY CONTINUE TO GROW AND NOT SIMPLY CREATE A SPACE FOR SOME TO DEFACE THE HARDWORK OF OTHERS.
(TAOB) THE ART OF BROWNSVILLE