The views expressed in comments published on The Art of Brownsville Blog are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Art of Brownsville Blog administrator or any other people listed on this site. Comments were automatically posted live up to 2011, however The Art of Brownsville Blog reserves the right to take down comments at anytime. BROWNSVILLE TEXAS
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
So besides life...
Here is what is in store for The Art of Brownsville:
- A new template..I figured I should try brown for "Brown"sville. Actually, it's quite nice, feels historic...like Brownsville! I feel like I should post a picture of Pancho Villa or something...lol
- A reposted and updated link list
- You, si tu, can comment now too! Below postings, you can find a link to a commentary board.
- More information and commentary on local events
- Maybe an added contributor (if he agrees...)
- 10X more juicy Brownsville chisme! (okay, so I have never posted any chisme but technically 10x0=0 so technically I am telling the truth...just thought I would get you all excited!)
- More pictures yay!
Check back soon and this time it's for real!
Saturday, June 05, 2004
Thursday, June 03, 2004
For Immediate Release:
May 26, 2004
Contact: Cristina Balli
Narciso Martinez Cultural Arts Center
P.O. Box 471
San Benito, Texas 78586
NMCAC hosts "Pieces of the Global Jigsaw Puzzle"
WHO: Narciso Martinez Cultural Arts Center & Rene Z. Garza
WHAT: MFA Exhibition by Rene Z. Garza
WHEN: June 1 - July 1 2004
Opening Reception: Thursday June 3, 2004 7:00 - 9:00 pm
WHERE: 225 E. Stenger Street, San Benito
Visit the marketplace of the people, versus the marketplace of corporations, as stimuli from a Mexican mercado bombard your senses. Rene Garza exhibits his photographs taken during a trip to the Zapatista territories of Chiapas. Experience the sights and sounds of the mercado as you listen to Zapatista tunes, smell and taste the cooking of huitlacoche, and quench your thirst with agua de limon and Kawamas.
ATTENTION ALL READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS - COMMENTS
PLEASE NOTE NEW PROCESS FOR COMMMENTS INCLUDING "ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ".
ANYONE WISHING TO POST ART, COMMENTS OR IDEAS WILL NEED TO SEND AN EMAIL TO: email@example.com TITLE: ATTENTION ART OF BROWNSVILLE BLOG.
INFORMATION EMAILED WILL BE REVIEWED FOR VERIFICATION BEFORE ACCEPTED FOR POSTING.
THE COMMENTS OPTION BUTTON WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR READERS TO SUBMIT QUESTIONS TO TAOB. QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.... TAOB WILL REVIEW QUESTIONS AND POST ANSWER OR A REPLY AS COMMENT AS NEEDED.
*ANY QUESTION THAT IS UNREASONABLE (SIMPLY ENTERED TO WASTE TIME)- WILL BE IGNORED AND OR TRASHED.
IT IS THE ART OF BROWNSVILLE BEST INTENTIONS TO HELP THE ART COMMUNITY CONTINUE TO GROW AND NOT SIMPLY CREATE A SPACE FOR SOME TO DEFACE THE HARDWORK OF OTHERS.
(TAOB) THE ART OF BROWNSVILLE