PRESS RELEASE :
PORT ISABEL LIGHTHOUSEConstructed in 1852, the Point Isabel Lighthouse was built to protect and guide ships through Brazos Santiago Pass and the barrier islands. In 1952, the Lighthouse was opened as a State Park and remains the only lighthouse on the Texas Gulf coast open to the public. The Lighthouse Keeper’s Cottage which is on the grounds of the Lighthouse, is open to the public and houses the Chamber of Commerce and the Port Isabel Visitors Center. There is no admission charge to the Keepers Cottage. Lighthouse tickets can be purchased at the Keepers Cottage or at the Lighthouse. A combination ticket is available. Last ticket sold at 4:30 p.m. or 1/2 hour before closing.
- Summer Hours: Daily 9a – 7p
- Winter Hours: Daily 9a – 5p
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10a – 4p. 317 E. Railroad Ave., Port Isabel. 956/943-7602.
Individual Site Ticket:
- to the Port Isabel Lighthouse OR the Treasures of the Gulf Museum
OR the Port Isabel Historical Museum.
Combination Site Ticket:
- Adults: $3.00
- Senior Citizens*: $2.00
- Students**: $1.00
- Children 4 & Under (must be at least 38″ and 4 years old tall to climb the lighthouse): Free
- Museum Member***: Free
to the Port Isabel Lighthouse AND the Treasures of the Gulf Museum
AND the Port Isabel Historical Museum.
Planning a Tour? For rates and information regarding organization and school group tours call Jeannie Marie A. Flores at 956/943-7602 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tour form here> mopi_tour_infoform.*Senior Citizens (55 & over); **Students (K – College with ID); ***Museum Member (with Membership Card)All ticket sales are final. Tickets can be purchased at any of the Museum facilities or at the Visitors Center in the Keepers Cottage and need not be redeemed in the same visit.
- Adults: $7.00
- Senior Citizens*: $5.00
- Students**: $2.00
- Children 4 & Under (must be at least 38? tall to climb the lighthouse): Free
- Museum Member***: Free
- 1976 – Born in Brownsville Texas
- 1997 – Fine Arts Program – University of Texas at Brownsville,
- Richardson Art Gallery First Solo Exhibit
- 2006 -”Emerging Artists” : Gabriel Trevino, Mauricio Saenz, Jesus de la Rosa, Luis Valderas – Richardson Art Gallery (University of Texas at Brownsville)
- 2007 -Invitational “As Of Now” South Texas Artists – Ben Bailey Art Gallery – Texas A&M University – Kingsville, Texas
- 2009 – “Tres” – Art Exhibition: Gabriel Trevino, Carlos G. Gomez, Antonio Antinori at Historic Brownsville Museum (Brownsville, Texas).
- 2012 – “LIBERTY AND HOPE” Solo art exhibit – Rusteberg Art Gallery – University of Texas at Brownsville