The views expressed in comments published on The Art of Brownsville Blog are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Art of Brownsville Blog administrator or any other people listed on this site. Comments were automatically posted live up to 2011, however The Art of Brownsville Blog reserves the right to take down comments at anytime. BROWNSVILLE TEXAS
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
OPPORTUNITY FOR ARTIST TO CONQUER THE ART WORLD
UNTITLED ART PROJECTApplication Instructions
How do you go from struggling, emerging or even semi-established artist to selling a complete show for $198 million? It’s a big art world out there, but maybe this is one place to start!
Magical Elves (Peabody Award-winning Project Runway, Emmy Award-winning Top Chef) and Sarah Jessica Parker (Golden Globe- and Emmy Award-winner) and her production company, Pretty Matches, are teaming up for an hour-long creative competition series among aspiring contemporary artists who will create and compete to conquer the art world!
If you’re an emerging or mid-career artist with a unique, powerful voice that demands a bigger stage – well. . . Here. It. Is.
We want contemporary artists. Your medium could be one of many (or several of many) – painting, sculpture, installation, video, photography, mixed-media – we want voices that believe in their art and want the world to know.
Attend one of our four regional casting calls around the country and we will consider you for participation in this groundbreaking show.
Casting Calls for The Untitled Art Project are as follows:
LOS ANGELES Saturday, July 11 & Sunday, July 12, 10 AM – 2 PMLAXARThttp://www.laxart.org/
MIAMITuesday, July 14, 10 AM – 2 PM Fredric Snitzer Galleryhttp://www.snitzer.com/
CHICAGOThursday, July 16, 10 AM – 2 PM School of the Art Institute of ChicagoSullivan Galleries, 33 S. State Streethttp://www.saic.edu/
NEW YORK Saturday, July 18 & Sunday, July 19, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM White Columnshttp://www.whitecolumns.org/
(IMPORTANT: See below and attached for what you must bring to the open call.)
1. Please fill out the APPLICATION legibly, using dark colored ink. If you run out of space answering any question, please attach additional pages and reference the question(s) you are answering on such additional pages.
2. You must fill out the entire application. Do not leave any question unanswered. If any question is not applicable to you, write N/A in the space provided, or if no space is provided, next to the question. Failure to answer any question may be grounds for not considering your application.
3. Please write only on the printed side of the paper, but feel free to attach additional sheets if necessary.
4. PLEASE, take your time and answer completely and honestly. When you are done, please sign and bring the completed application, (along with additional elements listed below), to one of our open casting calls (Go to www.bravotv.com/casting for dates and information).
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING TO THE OPEN CASTING CALLS:
1) YOUR COMPLETED AND SIGNED APPLICATION (NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE OPEN CASTING CALL UNLESS THIS APPLICATION AND THE CERTIFICATION OF VERACITY IS COMPLETED AND SIGNED);
2) A “DIGITAL PORTFOLIO” WITH REPRESENTATIONS OF AT LEAST 10 PIECES OF ARTWORK, PREFERABLY MORE. THE DIGITAL PORTFOLIO MUST BE ON A CD-ROM OR USB FLASH DRIVE/JUMP DRIVE THAT IS CLEARLY LABELED WITH YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS. THE DIGITAL PORTFOLIO WILL BE LEFT WITH CASTING AND NOT RETURNED TO YOU;
3) A HARD COPY PORTFOLIO THAT SHOWS YOUR RANGE/DEPTH OF WORK. THIS HARD COPY PORTFOLIO WILL BE REVIEWED ON-SITE BY CASTING, SO PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD. THIS HARD COPY WILL NOT BE LEFT WITH CASTING;
4) IF POSSIBLE, ANY ORIGINAL ARTWORK THAT IS EASILY TRANSPORTABLE. THESE PIECES OF ARTWORK WILL BE FOR REVIEW ON-SITE AND YOU WILL NOT LEAVE THIS ARTWORK WITH CASTING; AND
5) AN UPDATED RESUME.
Thank you for your time and effort and GOOD LUCK!
Click here for the UNTITLED ART PROJECT APPLICATION.
Note: To be considered for this show, you must fill out this application honestly, accurately, completely, and to the best of your ability. Failure to do so may result in your elimination from consideration or from the show, as well as the forfeiture of any prizes or other things you may have been awarded, whether or not you have already received them. Applications that are incomplete, illegible, arrive with postage due or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
Throughout this application, you will be asked for contact information for various people. By listing a person, you are granting us permission to contact that person as a reference, as a means of contacting you, or as a means of obtaining additional information about you.
PART VI: ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND RELEASES 1) You must be (a) a citizen of the U.S. and able to legally travel to any foreign country in connection with your participation (if any) in the Program, or (b) able to obtain the appropriate visa or waiver to enable you to stay and work legally in the U.S. in order to participate in the Program and be able to legally travel to any foreign country in connection with your participation (if any) in the Program.
2) You must be at least 21 years of age as of September 7, 2009.
3) You must NOT be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become one until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the episodes of the Program in which you appear, if selected as a contestant.
4) You may NOT participate in the Program if your participation would create impropriety or the appearance of impropriety. In making this determination, Producer and the Network will consider whether you or any member of your immediate family or anyone living in your household is or has been within the last two (2) years an employee, officer, director or agent of any of the following:(a) NBC Universal, Inc., Bravo Media LLC, or any television production company, network, station or distributor owned and operated by NBC Universal, Inc.;(b) Producer, or any other person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Program or any version or variation thereof;(c) Any sponsor of the Program or its advertising agency; or (d) Any person or entity supplying prizes or other services to the Program.
In addition, Producer and the Network reserve the right, but are not obligated, to disqualify or render ineligible any person whom any of them determines, in their sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, casting, judging, or distribution of the Program, such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety. Such decisions shall be final and are not subject to challenge or appeal.
5) If you are selected as a potential contestant, you must execute waivers and release agreements, including, but not limited to, an Applicant Agreement, Release and Arbitration Provisions and other agreement(s) as required by the Producer or the Network, or any of their licensees, successors or assigns.
6) You will need to be available to the production for approximately between three and five weeks or possibly longer or shorter beginning in September, 2009, and again in 2010, (all dates subject to change in the sole discretion of Producer), and you will need to be available for pre-production and post production activities. Furthermore, you may be separated from the other members of your family for some or all of this time. You will need to be willing to travel to various locations as part of production.
7) Any offer to become a participant may be conditioned upon your submission to medical and/or psychological examinations to be conducted by medical professionals selected by and paid for by the Producer and the certification of the medical professionals that you meet all medical and psychological requirements. You must be willing to submit medical and psychological information to the production, and you must be willing to submit to a medical examination, psychological examination, and background check.
Thank you for your time and effort in completing the form.
Please notify Producer in writing if there is a change in your address, phone number or other information provided by you in this application.
Don’t forget to attach a photocopy of your Driver’s License or government issued photo ID and any military discharge records, if applicable.
Please be sure to sign and date the Certification of Veracity on the next page. If you fail to do so, your application will not be considered.
Please make sure your passport is valid and up to date. If you do not have one, please apply for one immediately.
ATTENTION ALL READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS - COMMENTS
PLEASE NOTE NEW PROCESS FOR COMMMENTS INCLUDING "ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ".
ANYONE WISHING TO POST ART, COMMENTS OR IDEAS WILL NEED TO SEND AN EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org TITLE: ATTENTION ART OF BROWNSVILLE BLOG.
INFORMATION EMAILED WILL BE REVIEWED FOR VERIFICATION BEFORE ACCEPTED FOR POSTING.
THE COMMENTS OPTION BUTTON WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR READERS TO SUBMIT QUESTIONS TO TAOB. QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.... TAOB WILL REVIEW QUESTIONS AND POST ANSWER OR A REPLY AS COMMENT AS NEEDED.
*ANY QUESTION THAT IS UNREASONABLE (SIMPLY ENTERED TO WASTE TIME)- WILL BE IGNORED AND OR TRASHED.
IT IS THE ART OF BROWNSVILLE BEST INTENTIONS TO HELP THE ART COMMUNITY CONTINUE TO GROW AND NOT SIMPLY CREATE A SPACE FOR SOME TO DEFACE THE HARDWORK OF OTHERS.
(TAOB) THE ART OF BROWNSVILLE