CALL FOR LOCAL ARTISTS INTERVIEWS.....
PLEASE COMPLETE AND EMAIL TO:
firstname.lastname@example.org - BROWNSVILLE, TEXAS
email@example.com - HOUSTON, TEXAS
DEAD LINE: 6/01/2013
**Please attach a photo of yourself for use on the website.
1. How long have you been creating art?
2. What artistic movements have influenced your art the most? Are there other influences that aren’t art related?
3. What was your first experience with art?
4. Why do you do what you do?
5. What role do you feel the artist has in society?
6. What has been a seminal experience for you?
7. How has your practice changed over time?
8. What is your favorite piece of art and why?
9. What memorable responses have you had to your work?
10. What is your dream project?
11. What does “being creative” mean to you?
12. Can you describe the time when you first realized that creating was something you absolutely had to do?
13. What kind of creative patterns, routines, or rituals do you have?
14. Is there a message you try to communicate with your art?
15. Which creative medium would you love to pursue but haven’t yet?
16. Tell us about some of your work. (Please attach photos of pieces described)
17. What inspires you to keep going and how do you keep yourself motivated?
18. What challenges, if any, do you face as a Latino artist? How are you meeting these challenges?
19. How do you view the contributions of Latino artists to the arts past and present?
20. How do you feel about the representation of Latino artists in media and in art spaces/institutions?
And just for fun:
18. Share with us something funny that has happened to you recently.
19. Describe yourself in 5 words.
20. Any words of advice for aspiring artists?
21. What’s you favorite color?
22. Favorite food?