The views expressed in comments published on The Art of Brownsville Blog are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Art of Brownsville Blog administrator or any other people listed on this site. Comments were automatically posted live up to 2011, however The Art of Brownsville Blog reserves the right to take down comments at anytime. BROWNSVILLE TEXAS
Sunday, December 05, 2004
Level One: When Pigs Fly In A Frozen Hell
- a G5 Apple Desktop Computer
- an iPod
- a ZIP Drive
- a digital camera
- a car CD Player
- a scanner
- A round-trip to Italy (for this one, the pigs would have to fly in pattern)
Level Two: Maybe Next Year
- a Painting Easel
- a Drawing Table
- Car Fixes: a tune-up, wheel alignment and new brake pads
- Radio Antenna fixed on car
- Full-day Spa Treatment
Level Three: Keep Your Fingers Crossed
- An illustrated version of The Da Vinci Code
- Gift cards (Lerner's, Target, DickBlick.com, Hobby Lobby)
- Audio Books
- Cinemark Movie Dollars
- Office Supplies (more like office furnitire like a filing cabinet, bookcase, closet doors)
- A Briefcase (with room for a PowerBook would be cool too)
- A Christmas Card
- SHOE oriented stuff
- A silver star of david necklace
- To trip to Austin & San Antonio (which may be met, but it's in the works, but as soon as I get there this is what I am doing FOR SURE....see my cousin graduate from UTSA, go to Trail of Lights at Zilker Park and eat at Hyde Park Grill)
Yup, yup. That's it folks. My hopes are pretty much limited to Level Three. I think I have a good chance with earrings and the whole trip thing would probably be a gift my mom and I give ourselves, but we have to see if the mullah holds out.
You know, I understand that everyone is pinching the penny right now...I mean really pinching the penny. I am down to un centavo, that's how much I have to pinch. I don't expect great gifts for Christmas ...I am doing fine right now without them and I will do fine without them later and I would be quite content with just a card, a hug and quality family time. And personally, what I am actually looking forward to is for the new year to come in so I can help welcome my new nephew into the family. That is going to be the greatest gift the new year will bring to my family and I look forward to that day with great anticipation!
And from you my fellow blog readers, I only ask that you support the arts a little more...even it's donating to an arts org, attending a gallery opening (most which are free) or buying tickets to a show, just go out there and invest some money or time into the cultural arts.
Happy Holidays everyone!
ATTENTION ALL READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS - COMMENTS
PLEASE NOTE NEW PROCESS FOR COMMMENTS INCLUDING "ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ".
ANYONE WISHING TO POST ART, COMMENTS OR IDEAS WILL NEED TO SEND AN EMAIL TO: email@example.com TITLE: ATTENTION ART OF BROWNSVILLE BLOG.
INFORMATION EMAILED WILL BE REVIEWED FOR VERIFICATION BEFORE ACCEPTED FOR POSTING.
THE COMMENTS OPTION BUTTON WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR READERS TO SUBMIT QUESTIONS TO TAOB. QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.... TAOB WILL REVIEW QUESTIONS AND POST ANSWER OR A REPLY AS COMMENT AS NEEDED.
*ANY QUESTION THAT IS UNREASONABLE (SIMPLY ENTERED TO WASTE TIME)- WILL BE IGNORED AND OR TRASHED.
IT IS THE ART OF BROWNSVILLE BEST INTENTIONS TO HELP THE ART COMMUNITY CONTINUE TO GROW AND NOT SIMPLY CREATE A SPACE FOR SOME TO DEFACE THE HARDWORK OF OTHERS.
(TAOB) THE ART OF BROWNSVILLE